CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Read your bible EVERY DAY ::: COMMIT TOGETHER!

     I need Gods counsel in my life to help me quit smoking. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I just found out that I have pneumonia. I feel I am susceptible to failure in this because I have friends that are smokers. My husband smokes. We are in the bar atmosphere a lot. We will it seems always be around that kind of behavior.
     I'm praying that God can show me more verses like Philippians 4:13. Verses to give me the strength and the want to quit smoking. I'm doing this for my health.
     I hope my husband is open to having a daily reading. A reading where, cell phones are turned off, tv is off, with maybe a little low gospel music in the background. I made the trip to Booksamillion last week and got us a pair of daily journals. I've read only three in mine. I've slacked because Bert hasn't picked up his yet. Maybe, he will pick up his after he reads this devotional for today.
    I hope so. =) First he has to commit to do it. I don't want to pressure him. I really hope he does. I pray for him every day to pick up a new chapter in the bible just like I do and share it with me. He does every so often. But I'd like for it to be every day! I pray for him that it is every day!

4 comments:

Berty Bert

I prefer total quiet. Thats why mornings when you sleep in is best for me.

The daily devotionals book, sorry I haven't made the time yet, and I forgot.
Not just making excuses, seriously.

Valentines Day LOVE DARE

I haven't been able to do them also because I've been sick. And my book has been out on the porch. My mind is cloudy with cold medicine. ect. That's real excuses. God knows I'm sick.... God knows your schedule. He knows you are trying to make more time for him. I love you!

Valentines Day LOVE DARE

God also knows I've been praying for you to make a little more effort daily. I'm so glad we have stuck with the Love Dare together! You have made such progress already!!!

Valentines Day LOVE DARE

and PS I'm PROUD OF YOU!

Post a Comment