CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 11, 2011

Love Dare Day 26 Love doesn't make excuses

     This one hit home! Every line I read, I really listened to these words, "Love doesn't make excuses..." I began to think how many things we put off during our day by saying, it can be done tomorrow. I can do it later... or we just know every trick or excuse in the book to not get them done today. Imagine if we treated our husbands like that? Put them off, made excuses to them ect. We don't want them to do that to us.
     I am willing in this case to forgive my husband for his wrongdoings. I am also ready to forgive myself for my wrong doings. I can swallow my pride. It might take time to do this, but I know I can. I try and make up for little spats by doing little things. Those little things would be, leaving sticky notes behind saying I love you, doing the dishes, doing his laundry, running an errand to the grocery store and having dinner ready when he gets home from work.
     I usually can take responsibility after I have had the time to think about what Bert was trying to tell me. I didn't listen like I should have. I do things around the house to show Bert that my actions of I'm sorry are more than just words.
     I am thankful for this dare. It is rather soul searching. Just shows me that there is always room for growth and better. The biggest lesson from this dare is, I will have to change, I can't change my husband. I can only see that my husband is changing. God is speaking through us in this dare in a very healthy way.
     I have to remember it's Gods job to change Bert if and when God is ready. And I know he is ready, I've already seen changes. Good changes. And I pray that Bert can see the change in me as well.
     We are half way through the dare, more than halfway... and I feel like I'm just starting on my journey again. I love this Love Dare!!! I'm so thankful we went to booksamillion and picked it up and decided to stay dedicated to the dare and each other!!
    

0 comments:

Post a Comment