CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ask in prayer

     "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." Matthew 21:22

     Today's DSRWJ says to pray for your children. I have no children of my own, however I have six step kids I love just the same. I also have three babies that walk on fours, covered in fur. Five if you count the chickens!  Today's prompt says, Lord, please provide those things that they (children) need, and fill them with contentment as they bask in the warmth of your love.
     Berts kids were already almost grown and married and had families of their own when we met. The youngest two boys and I really get along for the most part of every day life. I used to see them every other weekend on visits. That is until they got older and started having their own schedules in life.
     Bert and I have two cats that we call ours. Melody, Bert named... and Shanobi came to us with her name. I love them to death. I tell each cat in the morning that I love them, and before I go to bed at night. I also buy them little treats during the course of a couple of days. Those treats I feel show them Mom and Dad of the fur babies love them.
If Bert and I had kids of our own, they would be just as spoiled as these cats. I see how Bert loves these cats and I see the love he shared with his kids before I came along. I see the love he shares with his kids now. 
     I have heard that praying for your children is often neglected. But everyone should be prayed for, even your pets! I also looked up some other scriptures about praying for your child     Deut 6:6-7 is pretty clear that God's will for you as a parent is also said, do not neglect prayer with your children. 
     I know my parents prayed with me the nightly prayers as a kid. I know they also prayed for me. I had several health issues when I was younger. I know I'm sure there was at least more than one time being sick I scared my mother half to death and had to be rushed to the ER with Asthma. 
     We need to depend on God for our lives as well as our children's. Pray often for your child, pray with your child, and you can still pray as a couple with your child even as they get older. =)

     
     
    

0 comments:

Post a Comment