CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Love Dare Day 25 Love forgives!!!

      Today's Dare, whatever you haven't forgiven your mate for, forgive it TODAY! Let it GO. I love my husband so much, I always forgive!!
     I don't like to stay mad longer than five minutes. Sometimes it might be longer. But I don't end up happy with myself if we can't resolve an issue and forgive each other quickly.
     Love keeps no record of wrongs, 1 Cor 13:5.
     This is hard to do. I just can't wrap my mind around the fact, God forgives us of our sins. Some sins we do more than once and he still forgives. But we lay those sins down and ask God to forgive us.
    And God forgives us.
    God wants us to forgive our hubby when we have a disagreement, fight, just think we are plan right and he is just wrong. It's hard sometimes to say I'm sorry and cough it up. But you have to. Nothing like a grudge from not saying I'm sorry and you are forgiven to come up in another disagreement. Love keeps no record of wrongs.
    I can do it. I can release the weight I've been carrying around. Love is about freedom, love is about letting go of wrongs.
    Sometimes you have to forgive yourself first. I know I have to often. I don't want something hanging on my shoulders and stealing my happy bubble!!! I want to first set the example of Gods love to my husband and forgive him. I have already forgiven myself for getting upset about this situation.
     I've been amazed at what I forget when I truly forgive. It may come to mind and it surprises me when it does, but the pain is no longer attached to it. And when something does cause a forgiven wound to reopen, I choose to forgive again.
     Forgiveness allows God to heal all the hurt. I hope I can give the kind of forgiveness that I hope to receive from God and my husband.
     Today I choose to forgive my husband for wanting to do his best and play music as an extra income. Here lately I've been telling him it needs to slow down. He thinks I am telling him in a round about way, that I want him to stop. I should let him play as often as he wants. I should let him do what he was put here on this earth to do and share his love of music and talent of music with others.
     I've been carrying this on my chest for about three weeks now and not forgiving him and him thinking it's his fault that he has to play music for a second income. I feel so much better I just had a huge sigh of relief. I hope he accepts my apology and forgives me for almost beating him to death into thinking I wanted him to quit music. It's something he loves doing and I'm not going to stop him from doing it. But I know he knows where I stand on the issue.
     The possibilities now are that Bert can start booking gigs. He can start back filling in dates. He can start doing what he loves doing knowing I'm not mad at him that it takes up so much time. And that I know it's something he really loves doing, and hey.... he can make extra money on it too!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment