CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Love Dare Day 23

     Today's Dare ::: Remove anything that is hindering your relationship, any addiction or influence that is stealing your affections and turning your heart away from your spouse.   Unfortunately your marriage has enemies! Yes, enemies. You need to protect yourself and your marriage from those enemies!
     They come in forms of many shapes and sizes and use different strategies, but nonetheless they still conspire to destroy your marriage, unless you know how to ward them off and protect them. They are, harmful influences, unhealthy relationships, shame, parasites, addictions.
     For me, lets call them habits instead of addictions... one of my daily habits was, my 365 project. I told myself this year I would see how long I could take it. I've gotten tired of it. It I know takes up a lot of my day sitting around trying to think of what to take a picture of... I made it to day 65. I'm proud of myself that I made it that far, but... it's just so time consuming. I don't want my daily picture being a harmful influence in my marriage.
     I say it's harmful, because I just don't say, oh, a picture of a pencil today! No... an entire photo shoot with a pencil today!! When I finally think, oh lets take a photo of a pencil! lol. It just takes up so much time. I can't go out and just take a picture of my front yard. Or just the clouds. It has to mean something. And when it has meaning, I could sit and think of something all day long and even by midnight not really have what I was looking for on my daily photo! lol. SERIOUSLY!
     I know last year I felt bad for Bert. It was almost like I was having a love affair with the computer and flickr and the hum of the soft lullaby of the computer put me to sleep most nights... and not my husband. All to say I took 365 pictures!!!
     So, first I'm throwing out my 365 photos! Good bye 365!!  Doesn't mean I won't take a daily photo anymore, just not go so far into left field with it. Another thing that needs to go as well is, I'm addicted to my SHORT TEMPER! There, I said it. I give into outbursts that shouldn't happen. I should work harder at restraining my mouth and blow off steam by doing something other than slamming doors!
     Both of these will take lots of work on my end to overcome. I've realized two things that first came to mind that are troublesome and I'm taking them out. I've prayed about these and I really don't have any other habits other than the two that I just pointed out. OH YES, I can quit biting my nails too! Bert said he didn't like that about me. That's another habit! That way I can help Bert easily fall asleep at night. Instead of having chipped nails that leave scratch marks on his back.... lol.
    

2 comments:

Berty Bert

You don't have to give it up.
If you are bored with it, and feel it takes up too much of your time, that is your prerogative.
Then what are you going to do?

I am excited that you are working on personal things.
I will post on the dare shortly.

Valentines Day LOVE DARE

I'm going to be a better wife to you. Read the bible with you more. Watch more tv shows with you, fall asleep on the couch next to you.

It takes too much evening time up with you when you are home. I'm posting in three places for my photos to get recognized. It's harmful to any relationship to spend that much time on the internet.

Post a Comment