CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

LOVE DARE DAY 15

LOVE DARE DAY 15- Choose a way to show and honor and respect to your spouse that is above your normal routine. It maybe holding the door for her. It might be putting his clothes away from him. It may be the way you listen and speak in your communication. Show your mate that he or she is highly esteemed in your eyes. ...I... will also honor them and they will not be significant. (Jer:30:19)

     This idea for the dare is just awesome! It reminds us that there is no other reason that we shouldn't just do this dare on any other day of the week. And not just on special occasions. I need to be more considerate in the ways that I listen to the way he hints around that I need to get certain things done. I majored in communications and sometimes, he doesn't come out and tell me. He just thinks I should get things done. I can't read his mind. But I do ask what should be done.
     I'm a good listener. I just wish he would go ahead and tell me instead of me walking around the house looking for something to do. My husband is hard to read. I know when he is tired. I know when he needs his rest. I know when he is hungry and when he won't be due to his work schedule. But as far as what to do for my chores fall short. I do the things I see that need to be done.
     I need to take more time and remind myself to listen more carefully with his thoughts and actions. I can't read my husband like a book all the time. I can when he gets off work. I can before he goes to work. But I want to be able to read him more. Each page front and back I want to learn. I guess that comes with years of marriage. I want to be there one day. Some days it would give me a headache if I even tried to read to read his mind. There is a lot that goes on in my husbands mind. 90% of it is music and work. I can tell when he is concentrating on something because he bites his tongue with his teeth. lol.
     If I wasn't tone deaf, I could go and tune his guitar for his practice tomorrow night. That would be something for sure that would show honor!!! However, I think by me watching the way I listen and speak will be an even bigger dare for myself. Tuning a guitar could even be easy to someone that's tone deaf. But listening to his actions as to what I need to get done or do more of would really be a bigger accomplishment for myself and for him. I think he would love that one =) I think this would show him that I do honor and that I do obey him.
     Some other things I could do are, carry his music equipment into the bar, make sure he has every thing he needs when he walks out the door for somewhere, (been leaving cell phone ALOT lately at home...) and try not to ask to spend money when we have bills and other priorities that come first. I know he would LOVE THAT one =)

2 comments:

Berty Bert

The music equipment stuff, tuning I can handle.
Leave the toting of equipment up to us guys.
Its a very kind thought tho.
I hope you feel better soon.
I love you!

Valentines Day LOVE DARE

It's the thought that counts. Wish I knew more about it! I should know way more about music than I do living with you!! Maybe it's time to learn so I can help you out with that kind of thing around the house when my chores are done =)

thanks for taking me to the doctor today and getting meds.
Oh and also, getting my base and new eye shadow!!!

Post a Comment