CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 6, 2011

1/2 way there!!!

     There is a quote I am reminded of, the secret of getting things done is to act. I must say I am very proud of my accomplishments thus far with the Love Dare. And I want to give my husband kudos for being a good kind loving person for hanging in there with me. We have acted upon every dare and are able to do things for each other that really show our appreciation for each other.
     THE DARE: Dare to take God at His Word. Dare to trust Jesus Christ for salvation. Dare to pray, “Lord Jesus, I am a sinner. But You’ve’ shown Your love for me by dying to forgive my sins and You have proven Your power to save me from death through Your resurrection. Lord, change my heart and save me by your grace”.
      Day 20 wasn't much of a dare for me because I ask God daily for forgiveness of my sins. I try to keep sin out of my life. The biggest problem I always ask for is for God to pray for is my mouth. I love the love dare. It's allowed me to be more of a listener to my husband and his  needs. Not be the first to say something. Most of these dares I realize I do already, but I just don't take the time out to point out because of the book, I got them done. The Love Dare book has been a motivator.
     I mean our marriage is already great before we went to the book store and got the book as a couple. Then in just 20 day's, because of Gods work, and our daily prayers for each other as a couple it's gotten even greater!
     Bert and I are both becoming closer with God. I'm thankful for today's dare. I know I will be okay with GOD and my HUSBAND no matter what happens in my life. I will continue to not only pray for my salvation, but for my husbands as well. I am finally ready to live the dare 100%. And right now I am praying for all that have done the Love Dare, for all currently doing the Love Dare, and for all who have made it already to day 20, and those that might be on the same page as my husband and I. I also am praying for those that are thinking about taking the challenge, that they do it. I pray God will show them this book is just another vessel drawing us near to God.

2 comments:

Unknown

I'm so proud of you! I'm so glad you've gotten this far :-) I found Dare 19 and 20 hard even though I am a Christian. Really committing and surrendering everything over to God again is hard because we tend to pick back up things we've already handed over to Him.

Valentines Day LOVE DARE

Thanks for your words of encouragement!!! They mean so much!!! I'm glad you have stuck with it also!!! I think some dares were designed to be harder for some than others. I think it just a matter of what God is saying to you on that particular day you read the dare. You may have other things going on in your life But we always must remember to put God first. And I agree. No on is perfect. We all fall short sometimes. That is how God made us.

Post a Comment