CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 13, 2011

My sacrifice Love Dare Day 28

     In reading today's love dare, some of this hit home once again. You are supposed to ask yourself these questions....

Is he "hungry?" - needing you sexually, even when you don't feel like it?

Is she "thirsty?" - craving the time and attention you seem to be able to give everyone else?

Does he feel like a "stranger" - insecure in his work, needing home to be a refuge and sanctuary?

Is she "naked?" - frightened or ashamed, desperate for the warm covering of your loving affirmation?

Is he feeling "sick" - physically tired and needing you to help guard him from interruptions?

Does she feel in "prison" - fearful and depressed, needing some safety and intervention?

     God is using me to speak about our circumstances right now. It's amazing how much the love dares have been right on target in our life at that moment. I'm sure my husband would say, he needs me sexually, but sometimes I just don't feel like it. Times when I just don't feel like it, is when I feel like I am, "thirsty" for his time and attention he seems to give everyone else but me. God is allowing me to use this blog as a place to talk it out with him. I hope he has been reading my blog lately. Not sure if he has been or not... haven't been getting many comments lately. But I want to see that he is serious about finding some answers for me.
     The Dare mentions the words, "How can I help you?" I used to work fast food. I'd come home at night and I'd dream about saying, "How can I help you? Would you like to add three shrimp for $.99? Would you like fries and a drink with that?" But sometimes around the house, it's easy to forget those three words, "How can I help you..."
     When I ask him, sometimes all he says is, I just want some lovin'. I guess I don't need to be afraid and ask him, spend some time with me today. I should ignore the headache I get at the end of the day due to a busy schedule and give my husband some lovin'. And he should ignore a phone call or two and rush someone off the phone while we are eating dinner together that I have fixed for us and spend time with me.
     The dare also says, when you help them, you are also helping yourself. That's the beautiful part of sacrificing for your spouse. Jesus did it for us. And he wants you and your spouse to do that for each other. Today's dare is to propose to do what you can do to meet the greatest need in your spouses life right now. 1 John 3:16.
     I propose tonight to have another dinner ready. Maybe this time I will go to the dollar store and pick up some candles and have a candle lit dinner for two with a beer, followed by a relaxing bath and some Bert and Heather time. I hate to do it, but I will unplug the house phone, unplug his computer, turn off my phone, and turn off his phone. Just to get some undivided attention from him when he gets home from work.
     It shouldn't be a tit for tat. I shouldn't hold out on him because I feel he is holding out on me. But sometimes when I feel my needs aren't met, then why should I meet his? Why should I be the one doing all the sacrificing? Sacrifices should be met daily to meet the needs of others. Including your spouse.
     In closing there are days we both make sacrifices for our well being and we do work together to ensure that everything else is taken care of. The being he is hungry and I am thirsty just really spoke to me. I've decided to use this blog to communicate with him on it.
     I need to also start asking myself more, how can I meet his needs, and not how he can meet my needs. That is after all what a relationship is supposed to be. It's been so busy here lately that I feel it's been hard to even try to meet each others needs. I guess that is normal from time to time. That is just why I have been praying for things to slow down. That way I can take the time out to listen to his needs. Even if that means both of us saying no to our favorite activities. We have to remember it's okay to say NO from time to time. Just because someone calls, we don't have to jump.
     I'm asking my husband, if dinner isn't enough, is there any other need that I can meet this evening for you? I think I will even call him and ask him, is there anything I can do to make your evening better tonight when you get home from work? Just hope he has the time to listen to me asking him the question while he is at work!!








0 comments:

Post a Comment