CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Love Brings Unity

     I want this to be a good conversation with my husband. Isolate one area of division in your marriage. Look on today as a fresh opportunity to pray about it.  I want to let my husband know, I feel a bit left out when he plays his music and he doesn't talk to me about booking gigs. I want to discuss this freely and openly. I want to discuss a fair strategy for future dates booked.
     I hope he doesn't see this as me being selfish, or nagging him about his music once again. You see, he used to always ask, is it okay if I book a gig on this date? He is so excited he has a great band going. I understand and share his excitement.
     I wish that he would be glad that I want to be a part of his music, as much as I want to be a part of him.   I just feel that he plays so much now, that it's taking away from our unity.  I mean, just because he has an off weekend, doesn't mean he has to spend it playing music.
     We could take the motorcycle somewhere. We could take a mini weekend vacation. I mean I could see him playing one night out of the weekend. And leaving one night for he and I. And this doesn't have to be every weekend. Just maybe one weekend out of the month as a get away weekend.
     I will listen to what he has to say. I know he has been listening to my wants and needs. He has already found a drummer and  a guitar player to play a few songs in our church together one Sunday out of the month. I hope to see God show my husband it's okay to take a break from playing music and spend "Unity" time with me.
     I want God to show Bert, that just because the phone is ringing off the hook to play dates, doesn't mean he has to take them. I want God to show Bert, that it's okay to say no, I want some time this weekend with my wife. He sometimes acts like he would be letting his band mates down. In reality he lets me down playing music all the time.
     I want him to be able to actually appriciate an off weekend. Not being rushed to go anywhere. Not having to eat out and be on the go. One where we can do things around the house. Cut the grass he has been talking about doing. Things like that.
     And if this is called me being selfish, then I ask God to take the selfishness out of my heart. Today's dare seems to be just a continuing work on the same issue. I'm the one causing the division with my selfishness. God has been showing me a little at at time that I need to focus more on Him. And not put my trust/hope in outside influences.
     What does this all mean for me? I pray for God to take my mind off of ME. And what my NEEDS are. And to focus it on my husband and God. I know this will get easier with time. I want to commit to God and my husband and make my marriage the top priority over every other human relationship and earthly activity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment