CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 4, 2011

LOVE DARE DAY 18 Je t'aime

     Today's dare will be easy! I wanted to plan a home cooked meal with all the comfort food we enjoy. Tomorrow Bert and I will be happily together since the first day we said I love you for five years. We got married in '07, but we were together for a year before we got married. We had been together for at least nine months, then we started talking about marriage. I think in July, then the wedding followed in November. Bert has to play tonight and tomorrow night. Those nights we usually eat out. And when you have a sit down and dine out dinner, you really can't say too much of what's on your mind with little ears around.
     God is so amazing on how he can speak to you! And guide you and direct your path. It's funny how this dare falls on a day where I had already planned a romantic dinner for two, at home. God spoke to me when we got the love dare book. God has spoken through me and I know my husband has seen a better change in me. Today's dare reminds me just how much God already has our pages in life written out for us.  I have to keep reminding myself God is always at work. This book just opens my eyes more and more everyday.
     I thought that I knew my husband before marriage. In many ways I felt like he did not tell me what he really thought. Sometimes, men are so hard to read. I look at my little brother, my Mom has to ask the 100 questions game with him. I think it's a man thing. I understand differences between men and women. The one thing Bert and I do have in common is music. We have mutual friends because of music. Half of our conversation is usually about music.
     My husband quickly saw my interest/hobby is photography. Not being able to afford a camera of my own, my husband got me a nice start out point and shoot. Then I realized, my husband and I share photography too!! The same week  he bought me my camera, my wedding ring was due to come in the mail. I thought the box was my camera. I couldn't wait for Bert to come home to open it. He said just wait... and I said, no what if it's my camera! I could tell by the way he was talking there was something else up his sleeve. I opened it up with him on the phone, and much to my surprise it was not my camera, it was his and hers engagement and wedding bands. He officially asked me to marry him over the phone. Then later that week, he asked me in front of my parents in my child hood back yard =) He got down on one knee and asked!
     I could write a book about my photography adventures. And where my husband has helped me along the way with buying my first camera. Now I'm shooting with a top of the line camera. Not just anyone would get a girl like me a camera like that. It shows his love, and he understands my passion for photography. Bert could write about his music adventures. He could write how I help him get people to come to shows, how I have been his biggest fan attending more than every single show.
     But we do have our differences. I am 27, and he is 51. He is going to react to situations differently than I because he is older and much more mature. I have that part figured out. I still want to keep him spunky and feeling young. I want to read my husband like a book that I understand. But sometimes, he is so hard to read. I don't want to even attempt the guessing what are you thinking about game. I do want to know more. I just wish he would tell me more. I'm here and ready to listen. But from here on out, I will make sure my husband is my chosen field of study. I want to go to the school of Bert Guidry and learn anything and everything. Even to this day, I would forget his favorite color is blue, except for the house we live in has blue walls.
     I want him to take notice in this blog. When he is on stage playing, as he plays music for an extra income, I can't sit there and ask him questions about his evening. How he is feeling. Because he is doing what he loves. But I'd love for us to have some quality off times from now on in the future on his off weekends to go and rediscover us. We did that on a weekend about this time last March and stayed in a cabin. I didn't know my husband liked to fish. My Dad brought his fishing poles and tackle boxes and Bert hooked it right on up. Me on the other hand, my fly road got stuck in a tree!! Just my luck!! But I like those weekends. Those weekends are few and far between. I'm dropping hints that those weekends need to take priority too. Even if it is just getting away to Dauphin Island and staying one night. =)
     And last year on our bible study for couples, it was even more amazing how God spoke to us in that cabin in the woods. Last year was our fourth year, and God made us search four different languages of how people say I love you. But first we had to list some people that are hard to get along with in your life and pray for them with your spouse. The bible verse was Matt 5:43 I listed these...
1) Je t'aime
2) Aloha wau ia 'oe
3) Ti amo
4) Nga Chola Gagai Yo. Nga Chola Tsewa Yo



0 comments:

Post a Comment