CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 21, 2011

Marriage Mentor

     Bert and I from time to time do need a referee.  We do need some counsel from time to time. What couple doesn't? I have chosen a couple that goes to church with us, and they are our neighbors. She said her and her husband come as a pair and I could talk to either one of them if need be. She said she would be a great cheerleader for Bert and I.
     Bert and I do from time to time run into trouble. But we work things out. I would choose my mother, but that would be the leaving issue. Bert seems to think I tell my mom too much. But I do always appreciate her opinions as well. I look up to my mother and use her as an example. My Dad and her have been through so much and still married for almost 35 years.
     I am glad I listen to both my mother and my neighbor. I know sometimes that 40 days isn't enough and it's going to be sad seeing the Love Dare pass us by when it's complete. The Love Dare is like a diet, you don't stop when you reach your goal, you change your habits to maintain it. I'm so in love with my husband and more and more; I'm in love with God. I have been able to realize that I don't control everything, that I don't have to.
     God is first, then my husband. I feel that God is going to use my husband and I as a vessel and a voice through the Love Dare and after the Love Dare. God can mend and repair anything. God longs to come through us, in our daily life. And through prayer God allowed me to ask my neighbors to be our counsels. We don't need marriage counseling. But it's always nice to have a healthy set of Christian friends to talk things over with. I couldn't think of anyone better than my neighbors to help us along the way!!!
    




    










0 comments:

Post a Comment