CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 11, 2011

Daily Spiritual Refreshment for Women

     One of our Love Dares this week said, be intentional today about making a time to pray and read your  bible. As you do immerse yourself in the Love and promises God has for you. This will add to your growth and walk with him.
     I went to Books A Million today and made two purchases. The Daily Spiritual Refreshment for Women Journal, and then God is Calling for Bert. It's a daily 365 bible study. Today's for me is,
     "The Joy of the Lord is in your strength." Nehemiah 8:10. The prompt tells us, it really is possible to find joy even if bills are adding up and the  baby is crying and dinner has to be fixed. Can you really rejoice and be glad in the midst of such trials? Of course you can! Joy is a choice, like our love dare. Love is a choice. I choose to love. I choose to have joy! Rejoice dear one, rejoice!
     It is possible that you can have joy everyday you live. I feel so good after reading todays Love Dare and today's you can be joyous everyday. Think about how people dislike having to pay taxes during tax season. You really get in these moods because of anticipating money. I'm sure people get on their knees and pray a lot more during tax season in hopes of getting the money back they deserve. To go on the trip they have been dying to go on, or get that one vehicle, ect.
     We must say to ourselves, I can be joyous even if I don't get that vacation or that amount of money back. Be happy with what you already have. Be happy and joyous with what you are given during tax season. If you don't get back what you thought you were, be happy. Be happy you got anything back at al from Uncle Sam. Many people are out of work and can't file taxes. Be thankful and joyous you are able to collect and get back what you deserve.
     Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes you need to heal to become joyous. After the healing, and praying to God for being healed, you begin to start to see everything in a new way. A new way that can open your heart to finding joy in every day life. One day last week, all of my pencils but one were sharpened. I found joy in just having that one pencil being sharpened. I didn't open up and say, just my luck, I said, Praise God! That was joyous!
     You just have to open your mind and heart to being joyous. Don't settle for just being HAPPY. Pray for God to show you, the ways of being joyous over everything in life!!


PS.
     I finally completed the love dare about having a cooked dinner. Bert and I sat through a meal of chicken, mac and cheese, green beans, cornbread, and rice. We talked to each other and watched a movie. After the dinner, I did the dishes and finished my load of clothes before Bert even had the chance to ask. As I said before, I've learned to like doing the dishes. I found myself the other night asking Bert, did you do MY dishes. He just looked like he had been hit with a stun gun. I want him to know I do listen. I'm growing more and more every day.
    

0 comments:

Post a Comment