CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 5, 2011

LOVE DARE DAY 19

     Much of todays dare spoke to my heart. And I didn't realize how suspicious I was of the previous dares and how they were speaking to me. I mean, really speaking to my heart. I've had it on the tip of my tongue and couldn't spit out what I was trying to feel. I, a writer have sometimes been out of a loss for words in a good way on some of the sentences just jumping off the page in the book and previous dares.
     I realized that today's dare and the entire dares before are really about YOU. We all need love and encouragement, and we want it from that certain someone. It has to be wanted from GOD before all else can be right with anything else in your life.
     Love is from GOD. (1 John 4:7.)
     Is there a stirring in your heart? What is God saying to you? God is saying that it is okay for me to tell my husband that some personal things take priority before our time in church. I enjoy going to church. I enjoy waking up and watching Joyce Meyer, I enjoy reading devotionals online. However, that just doesn't always work. I want my husband and I to be that old couple laying in the bed reading each other the Bible and Books about the  bible before we go to bed at night. Bert knows I love books. And he reads music magazines for his "books..." I pick up a new inspirational book to read every now and then. But I want this to be something that he and I can do together on a regular basis. Just not give up because the love dare is over. Pick up with a new book like the love dare. I found it in prayer just a minute ago online. It's a book called Love at Last Sight, with a thirty day dare.
     I also want to start going to a church where they have nice bible studies for couples. I want God to be so close to our marriage. I want God to also direct us in a way that we can read more devotional books like the Love Dare for us to do together in our marriage. I've become to love this feeling of God being in our relationship and letting us talk about things and relating them to the word. It's been a wonderful learning experience so far. Opened up so many great conversations in our relationship. And tomorrow we will take on Dare 20. Half way through and I'm ready to take the rest of the dares!!!
     I'm so lucky my husband and I have taken the Dare and we are on this journey together. One of the biggest blessings in my life is my husband. I understand and know how to truly love someone unconditionally because I believe it's possible to do all things through Christ. Looking at how God has taught me to love, and love my husband I hope that others can see that the Love Dare is changing me. And changing him. It isn't going to happen instantly, it will take time. Prayers are being sent every day. And I know in my heart God is listening =)  God is blessing our relationship daily. I'm so thankful for the ways God has blessed us already.
     There wasn't but one dare that I thought seemed impossible. It was love dares day 7 and 8 I believe. I had to list three of my husbands faults. I thought I was going to have a panic attack. I stayed in prayer for almost an hour to complete the dare and it took all I had to write three faults down. I thought that dare would give me a breakdown. I didn't even want that list in my house. I was so thankful that I had to take the Dare and burn that piece of paper. I watched in delight as the paper curled up into a heart almost. God loves all imperfections. I love all imperfections of my husband. I only wrote down three. But I am reminded I know I have imperfections too. And I know Bert loves me for those imperfections. Just like God does.
  




  



  








0 comments:

Post a Comment