CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 21 Making time

     Today's challenge once again spoke to me in a number of ways. This has been a 21 day  journey so far, and by making it to day 21, We have already made a morning time for an hour to sit and reflect on the day before, and the dare. When I began this book, I would read daily devotionals online through bloggers. I would find a scripture that meant something to me, and I'd go dig for it in the bible. Now, I'm thankful that my husband can join in and be more of a part in this spiritual growth in me. We used to do bible bingo. Bert and I would open up to a page in the bible and read it and reflect on it. Then we would share with what each others verse landed on.
     Now, with the Love Dare, God is directing us both to draw closer to him in such a way, that the bible bingo needs to be bible lingo. It makes such a difference in my day when I start it out with God. This is an area that can be so easily over looked and neglect. It's so very important in our every day life. Letting God come first in your life is what life is all about. If you put God first all other things will come into place where they seem to fit. Quiet time with God is so important. And when you can do that quiet time with the one you love, hubby, it just makes the day seem a little more special.
     This is one thing I always try and accomplish daily, regardless of the fact that I am doing the Love Dare or not. I set aside a portion of my day, usually when I get up to read the bible. And I try to spend time before I got to bed reading those bloggers. One favorite blogger of mine is Proverbs 31 for women. But last night I was directed on my own reading and read, Matthew 5:44, "But I say unto you, love your enemies, bless those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you." Matthew has always been a part of the bible that I always come back to. So many life instructions like the golden rule are in this gospel.
     Since my husband and I are doing the love dare together, I would love to spend some extra time reading the bible with my husband. I already read on my own, but I pray that my husband will take some time out of his busy schedule and share me what's on his mind about God. What God is telling him to pray for, what God is changing in his life. I can see God is changing him. But I want to know more about what my husband feels about our journey with God together. I think that is important for a couple. =)
    

0 comments:

Post a Comment