CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 18, 2011

Bert completes me

     God is right on time with this dare for today. One question in the dare reads, do you have big decision making to do regarding your finances? Eye opener!! Bert just last week gave me the bank ledger and said, here honey, your in charge. But we both still are in charge of the bank ledger. I'm just keeping a log of my own instead of using a checkbook, I'm using a notebook.
     That's a big decision Bert made on his own. He handed it to someone who is bad in math, but thank goodness for calculators! Bert used to hate to talk about finances with me. And now, we can both take the weight and do it together. This goes along with the "oneness and unity," mentioned in today's dare again.
     I love being able to help Bert with finances. Not that he was bad at it before, but I couldn't imagine doing it all on my own. I want to show him I appreciate his hard work, and I can show him that by taking charge in finances and using money for what it needs to be used for, over wants.
     Today the dare has pointed out to me that my role in marriage is just as important as my husbands. I used to just stand there and nod while Bert talked about finances and money. Now, I know what's going on. I don't have to just nod. We can both help each other manage money and be effecient with our banking.
     As long as Bert and I work on this together, we can do this! I think we also  need to set aside some one on one time and pray about our finances together. We need to pray that God will help us so things can get better around here. Not that it's bad, it's been a blessing. God has shown us we can make it through tough financial issues. I'm so thankful for today's dare. However, I know this will be one that we might have to go back and re-read again even after we complete day 40.
  

0 comments:

Post a Comment