CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Removing the Junk food of lust

     I'm going to admit, this dare will be another hard one for me. I will have to think outside the box on this one for sure! I don't really have any "things... persons... people...." around that tempt me to lust. I need to control my thoughts more about lusting for more he and I, rather than the ex's. Bert and I live in a house where he shared with his ex. I lust for more things that he and I can call "OURS..." I guess I said it. Things.
     Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in Him. 1John 2:15. Lust is a misguided thirst for satisfaction that only God can fulfill.
     When Bert and I got married, we didn't have much time to plan for our wedding. We didn't have any registries. I look back and think, maybe we should have taken the time for registries. I look around, I see a sign that says the Guidry's. That sign was here before me... I shouldn't sound selfish. But it would be nice to make a sign that says, the Guidry's. The Guidry's being Bert and I. I drink out of glasses that were here before me... I used to sleep on sheets that were here before me.
     I really didn't think how much this bothered me, until Bert and I were lucky and found a deal for some living room furniture came that we could call OURS. I just didn't like a daily reminder being around of, "HER..." I was so excited to add new furniture to the house, and call it ours, I called everyone I knew!! lol.
     It breeded anger to me to think, why does he want to keep these things around? If it's a constant reminder to me that she was here before me, does he still think about her? Is there a particular reason he is holding on to these things? I was wondering why he couldn't let go. And in the long run, it was he had let go. I was the one lusting for OURS. Bert had made these things ours.
     I need to start asking myself, "What has God given us..." What has God given me..." I want to find myself so full of what God provided for my husband and I, and that is our marriage. I don't want to lust for anything other than what we already have. There isn't a need to have love vs lust for any one THING other than God and my husband. I want to set my eyes on my spouse again. I want to see what he does for us all the time. What he does for us every day.... not what he can buy to make this house ours. This house is ours. We got married in the back yard. We made it ours when we said I do right in the back yard.
     We are Heather and Bert Guidry. These things are OURS. I am the one being selfish and impatient. I'm going to reopen my heart and my eyes to my husband and God. God made this dare individual for me. I really had to sit in prayer. Until it came to me. I want to appologize to my husband for not thinking that the things around here are good enough for me. They are. Because they are ours. I realize that this need to have so much of OURS has been foolish. I pray God today truly turns my heart around. I want to give praise to God for bringing this dare in my life.
    I love my wonderful husband who has been such a blessing in my life. I'm sorry for putting some extra pressures on our marriage. I hope you will take this as a sincere appology. I want nothing more in life than to love you and God!!!
  
  
  

0 comments:

Post a Comment